Background

Sunday, March 13, 2011

By way of introduction...

With the April 5th release date of The Price of Loyalty quickly approaching, I decided that it was about time to start utilizing this blog space. So, I thought the most appropriate opening post would be a quick introduction.

I am a thirty-one year old teacher, football coach, father, and part-time English professor living in Williamsville, Illinois, a small town a few miles north of Springfield. I have been married to my wife, Molly, for five years. We met in a sociology class at Illinois College in the fall of 1998. Though we didn't start dating for three years, there is no doubt that she has been my biggest fan, constant supporter, and my muse for the better part of the last ten years.

The most important moment in our journey together occurred in October of 2008. That is when we discovered that Molly was pregnant with our son, Alex. His birth on June 1, 2009 was the culmination of a two-year struggle with infertility, and he has, without any doubt, been the single greatest blessing of my entire life. In October of 2010, Molly and I were thrilled to discover that our blessings would continue. Our second child is due on June 13, 2011. For those who may be wondering, the answer is no, we do not know what we are having. Both Molly and I prefer to be surprised when the big day finally comes.

Over the coming weeks, I plan to do a few posts that let you know a little more about me, my family, and my book. Thanks for checking in with this blog, and don't forget to check out The Price of Loyalty and other authors on www.punkinbooks.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment